Posted on June 22, 2017 15:02
Fr. Tom once gave a homily in which he listed the “top ten” spiritual priorities that all of us are called to prayerfully put in place.
- Go to Mass every Sunday & Holy Day of Obligation
- Make more frequent Confessions, at least quarterly.
- Pray with Sacred Scripture as part of your daily activities.
- Develop a daily habit of examining your conscience.
- Pray the Rosary weekly if not daily.
- Be generous with your blessings through charities and tithing.
- Give of your time to the faith on the parish level or within the local Catholic community.
- Continue to form yourself in learning as a disciple of Christ.
- Examine your conversations. Are we criticizing or complaining more than we are praying?
- Go to Mass more than once a week and find time to pray before the Blessed Sacrament.